Jurassic World is a 2015 American science fiction adventure film and the fourth installment of the Jurassic Parkseries. It was directed and co-written by Colin Trevorrow, produced by Frank Marshall and Patrick Crowley, and starsChris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. The production companies were Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment, also responsible for the rest of the franchise, and Thomas Tull's Legendary Pictures. Set 22 years after the events ofJurassic Park, Jurassic World takes place on the same fictional island of Isla Nublar, off the Pacific coast of Central America, where a theme park populated with cloned dinosaurs has operated for ten years. The park plunges into chaos when a genetically modified dinosaur, Indominus rex, breaks loose and goes on a rampage across the island.
Universal Pictures intended to begin production on a fourth Jurassic Park film in 2004 for a summer 2005 release, but the film entered over a decade of development hell while the script went through revisions. Following a suggestion from Spielberg, writers Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver explored the idea of a functional dinosaur park. Once Trevorrow was hired as director in 2013, he followed the same idea while developing a whole new script with Derek Connolly.Principal photography rolled from April to August 2014, primarily in Louisiana while also using the original Jurassic Park filming locations in Hawaii. Again the dinosaurs were created through computer-generated imagery by Industrial Light & Magic and life-sized animatronics by Legacy Effects, a company created by the alumni of Jurassic Parkveteran Stan Winston.
Jurassic World was released on June 12, 2015 in over 60 countries. After a record-breaking opening weekend that had the film grossing more than $500 million worldwide, Jurassic World has generated over $1.6 billion in box office revenue, standing as the fourth-highest-grossing film of all time without inflation adjustment, as well as the second-highest-grossing film of 2015 and the highest in the franchise. A sequel is scheduled for June 22, 2018.
- Chris Pratt as Owen Grady, a Navy veteran and a Velociraptor expert and trainer at Jurassic World.
- Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing, the Jurassic World operations manager. Aunt to Zach and Gray Mitchell.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Vic Hoskins, head of InGen's security operations, who wants to use the raptors and the Indominus rex as military weapons.
- Ty Simpkins as Gray Mitchell, one of Claire's nephews and the younger brother of Zach.
- Nick Robinson as Zach Mitchell, one of Claire's nephews and the older brother of Gray.
- Omar Sy as Barry, Owen's assistant who helps care for the raptors.
- B. D. Wong as Dr. Henry Wu, a geneticist who heads the team that created the dinosaurs for Jurassic World. Wong is the only actor in the film to reprise his role from any of the previous movies.
- Irrfan Khan as Simon Masrani, CEO of the Masrani Corporation and the owner of Jurassic World.
- Jake Johnson as Lowery Cruthers, an employee in the park's control room.
- Lauren Lapkus as Vivian, an employee in the park's control room.
- Brian Tee as Hamada, the leader of the ACU (Asset Containment Unit), a group of security guards installed on Isla Nublar.
- Katie McGrath as Zara, Claire's personal assistant.
- Judy Greer as Karen Mitchell, Claire's sister and mother of Zach and Gray.
- Andy Buckley as Scott Mitchell, Karen's husband and father of Zach and Gray.
- Eric Edelstein as the supervisor of the Indominus rex control room.
- Colby Boothman as a new handler working in the raptor research paddock.
- Jimmy Fallon as himself, portrayed as the safety instructor of the gyrosphere attraction.
- James DuMont as Hal Osterly, an investor.
- Jimmy Buffett as himself, portrayed as an escaping tourist during the pterosaur attack.
- Colin Trevorrow as the voice of Mr. DNA, an animated DNA helix who explains the park's technology to visitors. The character was previously voiced by Greg Burson in Jurassic Park.
- Brad Bird makes a cameo appearance as the voice of the park's monorail announcer.
- Jack Horner, the film's technical advisor, has a cameo in the film.
Jurassic World (2015)
(( Right Click On Download Image & Click Save Link As... ))
Post Hit: 1494 Times