The Road to El Dorado is a 2000 American animated adventure musical buddy slapstick comedy film directed by Eric "Bibo" Bergeron and Don Paul, with additional sequences by Will Finn and David Silverman, starring Kevin Kline, Kenneth Branagh, and Rosie Pérez, and produced by DreamWorks Animation. The soundtrack features songs byElton John and Tim Rice, as well as composers Hans Zimmer and John Powell.
The movie begins in 16th-century Seville, Spain, and tells of two swindlers named Tulio and Miguel who, when playing dice, win a map that supposedly shows the location of El Dorado, the legendary city of gold in the New World. However, when it is discovered that they are using loaded dice they attempt to escape, only to end up as stowaways on Hernán Cortés' fleet to conquer Mexico. They are discovered, but manage to escape in a boat with Cortés' prize war horse and eventually discover the hidden city of El Dorado, where they are mistaken for gods.
The Road to El Dorado received mixed reviews from critics and grossed $76.4 million worldwide on a $95 million budget, making it DreamWorks Animation's only box office bomb. However, the film has managed to gain a "cult classic" status online over the years.
- Kevin Kline as Tulio, one of the con artists who pretend to be gods so they can get gold. He is the planner who wanted to leave El Dorado with the treasure.
- Kenneth Branagh as Miguel, one of the con artists who pretend to be gods so they can get gold. He is the fun-loving one who wants to stay in El Dorado.
- Rosie Perez as Chel, a young native from El Dorado who discovers Tulio and Miguel's con and decides to play along.
- Jim Cummings as Hernán Cortés, the merciless and ambitious leader of the expedition to find the empires of the New World.
- Armand Assante as Tzekel-Kan, the fanatically vicious high priest who has a religious fixation for human sacrifices.
- Edward James Olmos as Chief Tannabok, the kind chief of El Dorado who welcomes Tulio and Miguel.
- Tobin Bell as Zaragoza, a sailor on the voyage to the new world of El Dorado and the original owner of the map, which he loses to Tulio and Miguel when gambling with them. Tulio nicknames him Pee Wee.
- Frank Welker as Altivo, Cortés' horse who ends up teaming up with Tulio and Miguel.
The Road to El Dorado (2000)
(( Right Click On Download Image & Click Save Link As... ))
Post Hit: 1096 Times