Warcraft (alternatively known as Warcraft: The Beginning) is a 2016 American fantasy film directed by Duncan Jones and written by Jones, Charles Leavitt and Chris Metzen. It is based on the Warcraft video game series and novels set in the world of Azeroth. The film stars Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, Ben Schnetzer, Robert Kazinsky and Daniel Wu. The film portrays the initial encounters between the humansand the orcs and takes place in a variety of locations established in the video game series. The film was first announced in 2006 as a project partnership between Legendary Pictures and the game's developer, Blizzard Entertainment.
Warcraft premiered in Paris on May 24, 2016, and was released by Universal Pictures in the United States on June 10, 2016. Despite receiving negative reviews from critics and a poor domestic box office performance, the film has grossed $433 million worldwide, surpassing Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time as the highest-grossing video game adaptation of all time, although it was still considered a financial disappointment.
- Travis Fimmel as Sir Anduin Lothar, the military commander of the human forces in Stormwind Kingdom. Steadfast and charismatic, Anduin is a knight who has sacrificed everything to keep the king and his people safe.
- Paula Patton as Garona Halforcen, a strong-willed half-orc survivor caught between the Alliance and the Horde.
- Ben Foster as Medivh, the current Guardian of Tirisfal and a mysterious and reclusive protector who wields formidable magical power.
- Dominic Cooper as King Llane Wrynn, ruler of the Stormwind Kingdom and a beacon of hope for his people in times of darkness.
- Toby Kebbell as Durotan, the father of Go'el and the noble orc chieftain of the Frostwolf Clan battling to save his exiled clan and the rest of the renegade orcs from Gul'dan and the destruction of their world. Kebbell also portrays Antonidas, leader of Kirin Tor.
- Ben Schnetzer as Khadgar, a gifted young mage who was trained at a young age by the Kirin Tor to succeed Medivh as Guardian, but left and eventually found his place in the Stormwind Kingdom.
- Robert Kazinsky as Orgrim Doomhammer, Durotan's best friend and right-hand man who later leads the survivors of the Frostwolf Clan.
- Clancy Brown as Blackhand, the fearsome orc chieftain of the Blackrock Clan and puppet of Gul'dan who rises to become the first warchief of the Horde.
- Daniel Wu as Gul'dan, a sinister Shadowmoon orc warlock. Wielding powerful fel magic and driven by his ravenous desire for power, he orchestrates the actions of the Horde from behind the scenes.
- Ruth Negga as Lady Taria Wrynn, Queen-consort of Stormwind, King Llane's wife and most trusted counsel, and Anduin's sister.
- Anna Galvin as Draka, Durotan's mate and the mother of Go'el.
- Burkely Duffield as Callan Lothar, son of Anduin and a soldier who follows in his father's footsteps.
- Callum Keith Rennie as Moroes, the castellan who manages Medivh's arcane stronghold of Karazhan.
- Terry Notary as Grommash Hellscream, the orc chieftain of the Warsong Clan. Notary also served as stunt coordinator and movement coach for the film, working with cast members Kebbell, Kazinsky, Brown, Wu and Galvin on their portrayals of the orcs, and with Foster on his portrayals of magic.
- Michael Adamthwaite as King Magni Bronzebeard, the dwarf ruler of Ironforge.
- Dean Redman as Varis
- Ryan Robbins as Karos
(( Right Click On Download Image & Click Save Link As... ))
Post Hit: 1619 Times